Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

This post is a tribute to the Man who makes it all happen. None other than Theodore Jenkins Badger Jr.

First let me share one of my favorite memories growing up. It was on one of our annual trips to Gulf Shores and Dad took just me and Mark with him. While Dad was in meetings all day, Mark and I ran all over the beach, swimming in the pool (jumping back and forth between the hot tub and the pool), spending one of the days at the water park, going deep sea fishing, and asking dad to leave a couple of bucks each morning so that we could play in the arcade in the lobby. I also had my first experience ordering a "Shirley Temple." It was a blast and one of my all time favorite vacations! I loved spending time with just my bro and my Dad. The picture below is not from that time period, but it's classic Dad with his Texas Long Horn shirt. I'm pretty certain that it was taken in the gulf where we went as kids. I also had to include a picture of Brooklyn and Ian. Ian can't ask yet, but his big sister constantly wants to call and talk to "GrandDad." Even though my Dad doesn't always understand "Brooklynese," he is patient as he listens and asks her about her day.

And as most people know, I love my Dad and want to be like him. I hope that I can set just as solid of an example to my kids as he set for us. My Dad has always been a rock - firm in his testimony and always supportive.

Another example of my Dad's generousity is pictured below. It's the great time that we all had as a family because my Dad gave me Guitar Hero as a Christmas present. Because of this generous gift, we were able to "rock out" and had a great time!

Thanks Dad for all that you've done and continue to do. This short post doesn't do you the justice you deserve, but I wanted you to know how much we love you and appreciate you. Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:

evelyn said...

There can't be any higher complement than for a son to say that they want to be just like you. No pressure there. You and your family are an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work. Love, BADGER DAD