Wednesday, December 26, 2012

There's No Place LIke Torrey Pines

 When it was decided that we'd be moving to Modesto, CA in only 3 short weeks, I had to get myself here as much as possible.  I just knew how much I'd miss it!  It was the best escape, it felt like paradise every time I went there.  Everywhere I turned the view was just breathtaking!  It was a wonderful workout too because it was a scenic hike that ended at the beach.
 I loved sharing these last precious hikes with my two little boys.  I don't know if they'll remember them, but I'll never forget them.  This day we had to run back to the car because it started raining on us.  It was like what you see in the movies; it came instantly and poured down hard!  Gotta love it!
 No wonder the beaches were so empty!  I guess people actually have reason to check the weather forecast, even in San Diego.
 That's a view of the highway from a little way up the hillside at the beginning of our hike.



 Cielito Lindo



No comments: