Thursday, September 4, 2008

Merkley Mania

Two weeks ago Saturday, Robin and Kendall Merkley hosted the first ever Merkley/McKendrick Birthday Bash in which we celebrated every family birthday and anniversary occuring in the months of July, August, and September. It was a good chance to mingle as a newly-combined family. Thanks Robin and Kendall! For the handful of you who don't already know this, my grandma Grace recently married and was sealed Glade Merkley, former Stake President of the Glendora California Stake. These two have known each other for nearly 50 years, but probably never would have guessed that their lives would someday merge into an eternal marriage! They are the only couple of 75 year-olds I know who can honestly say they are newlyweds! (See May 2008 posts for wedding pic's!)

Brooklyn made a splash in her new Roxy swimsuit from Nini. With no help from her own mother, but plenty from her adoring aunties and (grandma) Nini, Brooklyn has become quite the fashion plate in her young life!
Can you tell in the picture above who has been to Hawaii lately and who has not? This is no trick question.
I thought it would be fun to have my mom capture on camera two pregnant sisters jumping into the pool together (I'm sure this was to the horror of all the other swimmers there - I could have sworn the pool emptied rather quickly at this time - NOT). This is the best shot we got after only a few attempts. I know you are all thanking me right now for sparing you the full-body maternity swimsuit shot.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So fun!! What a fun, cute family!

Kelly said...

I miss you guys! I'm so jealous that you guys are having so much fun! Steve is still so busy, but he's making sure we get a least one date night a week, so that's good. But I really miss the good old days back in Covina!!

Darrell said...

Looks like you were trying to replicate Hurricane Gustav.