Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Pi Day!

I thought of my San Diego friend Lucynthia last night as I cleaned up Jack's mess of rejected beans and rice on the kitchen floor.  Don't ask why this task brought my mind there.  I thought of how tomorrow (now today) is according to Lu and no one else that I know in this world, PI day!  It is 3.14 of course and since Lucynthia has an affinity for numbers and she loves to perpetuate quirky traditions, I just knew she'd be making a pie today.  I wondered if it'd be banana cream or something else.  Lemon Merengue is what her husband likes, but it always takes too long and dirties 2 skillets.  So I emailed her to share those thoughts with her.  Instead of an email response, she called me this morning and we chatted while I shopped at Target (slightly tacky of me to talk and shop, I know, but that's beside the point.)  The final result:  She did in fact make banana cream pie, yesterday in fact, due to circumstantial (not to be confused with circumferential) reasons and thus she'd have left-overs to eat today.  Love that gal.  I made one too.  A pie of course!   Banana cream with boxed instant pudding and store-bought graham-cracker crust fresh from a dark corner of my pantry.  Can't get much simpler than that.  It's sitting in the fridge lonely and cold.  Waiting to be eaten.  Tomorrow I guess.  Happy Pi Day y'all!

1 comment:

RBL said...

I love pi day! I made a pie to celebrate it as well, chocolate meringue. After looking at this post I think I might have to make another one tomorrow...