Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moving Day

Ugh! Moving is seriously the PITTS! I wish we didn't have to do it so often. Basically, when our lease came up for renewal at the other place, the cost of our rent would have been increased, so we looked around a bit but to no avail. At one point, I put our name on a waiting list at a huge complex within our ward boundaries where a few of our friends lived. After we had decided to stay in our current apartment (Stephen "negotiated" a lower renewal rate), but before our lease was up for renewal, we heard back that there were some openings at the place where we were on the waiting list. I wasn't that anxious to jump on the opportunity to move, but Stephen doesn't waste any time in making decisions (unlike me) and he raced to pick up an application and fill out all the necessary paperwork. Needless to say, after having only stayed in our previous place for 6th months, it was time to say goodbye. I do miss those granite countertops and the plush, green outdoor pathway to our door, and the quiet seclusion of the tucked-away neighborhood in which we lived. However, we now have an "in-apartment" washer and dryer to appreciate along with two bedrooms with closing doors rather than a real bedroom plus a second bedroom/loft area.
Can I just say that Stephen is an AMAZING project manager? It's like his brain is wired to think in flow-charts and process improvement. While my kids and Ella and I spent the week @ my mom's house in L.A., Stephen basically packed up 90% of the house - to the point where I felt like I was camping out for the last week of our stay there when I returned from L.A. It was crazy amazing! I mean, pictures were off the walls and the holes were patched and repainted. All of our storage, kids clothes, and kitchen stuff was boxed, labeled and ready to load. He had a color-coded system of where the boxes were to be placed in the new apartment and all I had to do was pack my own clothes as well as help wrap the furniture the night before. Sheesh! I am one lucky gal!
Stephen, thank you thank you thank you for nearly moving our entire family and belongings yet again! You continue to prove heroic in my eyes! ***Just remember that next time I vent to or about you... heee heee!

P.S. Any guesses as to the signature piece of furniture that those lucky home teachers got to move in the picture above?! HA! Had they only known what they were signing up for!

3 comments:

Taber & Rebecca said...

The BABY GRAND PIANO!!! That is what it is, right?!

Anonymous said...

If your counter tops are scarred and dated, another way to update the kitchen countertops is to install new counters.

Desirae said...

Yes! Rebecca, you win the prize of an invisible super star sticker! ;) Congratulations! Thanks for reading and guessing!