Sunday, August 14, 2011

This and That

Here are Ian, Lilly, and Brooklyn on the steps enjoying a snack while my mom, my sister and I did some sewing/dress-making for Tracy's crew.
I made BBQ pork ribs for the first time because I happened to find them on super sale. I don't know why I'm such a foody gal, but it was so exciting for me try something new that I felt like my husband would appreciate. It would definitely be a considered "manly" dinner that I normally don't cook, because it's centered on red meat. I usually try to be healthy with leaner, different meat, not so much of it, and lots of different fresh veggies and grains. Luckily, he doesn't usually complain. Yummy garlic mashed potatoes, black beans, and cole slaw served as sides. Thanks for the pointers on the ribs, Alice, a.k.a. Sister Rodney. They were delish! Ian loved them too. He kept calling them bones. And thank you Stephen for taking the kids swimming while I finished cooking! :)


No comments: