Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Our Staycation

Stephen fills up at Phil's BBQ.
I chatted on the phone about some exciting news with a friend. I am embarassed to admit that this was terrible, horrible, no good, VERY bad date etiquette! I am so glad that my husband is so forgiving and the food was so delicious... I owe you a better dinner date, Sweetie! ;)
Turtles at the new Turtle Reef Exhibit @ SeaWorld.
It was fun to go at night, without the kids! :)
The dolphin show, with acrobatics.




Besides doing SeaWorld, we visited the beach, exercised together in the mornings (after sleeping in 'till 9ish - what a treat!), cleaned the house without kids (also an exciting adventure for me because it STAYED clean!), went to the temple, ate out every night at places that were recommended by friends, and listened to 80's music in the car ride back to Vista to pick our kids. I had a super long list of other fun things I wanted to do, but we weren't so great about scheduling ahead, and we did sleep in and work out every morning, so that sort of put us on the late start track.... Needless to say, we had an enjoyable, relaxing 3 days to reconnect and pretend we had not a care in the world.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

What a nice "staycation"!