Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wild Animal Park

One of the first things we saw at the Wild Animal Park were these pelican-type birds at feeding time.
Name the Disney movie with a similar scene and this dialogue from pelicans:

It was fun to see the animals at the park in more of their natural environment than at the zoo.
They even had a huge open area with lots of different animals all intermingled.
I love that this hollowed-out SUV was part of the display. Although you see the grassy hills where the herds of other animals intermingled behind them, the lions were definitely not a part of the free-range groupies.
A warthog.
I just thought this next animal was cool-looking. Don't ask me the name. Next time I'll do better!
Brooklyn tried out the life-sized bird nest.



On our way out, we stopped here to do this while Ian slept in the stroller.
It was my first time going to the Wild Animal Park. Even though it was even more walking than the zoo, the place was not a disappointment. Next time I will probably look more into taking one of the free bus tours though.

2 comments:

I See Badgers said...

the seagulls said, "mine, mine, mine." It was the pelican that saved the fish from them. Seagulls are a different bread. I've seen them attack and eat each other.

Desirae said...

So basically I wasn't so great at classifying the animals on this trip, or most of the time! Oops!