Friday, June 6, 2008

Finally Done!

Well, I'm finally finished with school! I now have a Master of Health Administration from USC. Thanks to the stimulus package from the government Desirae, Brooklyn, and I traveled out late Thursday night (May 15th) to California to go to my graduation, Grandma Grace's wedding, and an interview at Scripps Health System in San Diego. Graduation on Friday was a long hot day in the sun. Apparently, we brought the heat with us from Louisiana, but it was good to see some of my classmates and celebrate with family. Here are a few pictures that we took:Desirae and I are in front of Ralph, Goldy, and Lewis Hall or RGL where I had a majority of my classes. She and Jim came along to see the main ceremony. Unfortunately, there were so many people that I think I was the only one of the three that heard and saw everything. Robert Iger, CEO of Disney, gave an excellent address after he received an honorable doctorate. I also got a lei on behalf of my mom.
This is where I lined up for the main ceremony. To my right is Jude and my left is Rudy. For those of you who were wondering, the color of my hood is peacock.
The procession.
Here's a picture of my competition for the Scripps Fellowship down in San Diego.
Here's a picture of me with my beautiful girls. Brooklyn is holding a balloon that's out of sight. SPPD had a little reception after the ceremony.

Jim, Tina, Pops, Desirae, and Brooklyn all came for my individual school ceremony (the School of Policy, Planning, and Development). The main ceremony was at 9am, but the SPPD ceremony wasn't until 2pm so Pops, Tina, and Brooklyn came later. In between the ceremonies we went over to Pip's work. She has a pretty posh office in a questionable neighborhood. Jim treated the three of us to lunch at the Corner Bakery. The food was pretty good, but the company was better.

The day ended with dinner at Johnny Carinos with Calvin, Carol, Caden, Caleb, Pip, TJ, and Michelle joining those of us who were at the graduation ceremony. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of everyone there, but we had a good time. Brooklyn loved hanging out with her cousins.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Stephen! We are so happy for you and your wonderful family!