Friday, June 6, 2008

The Interview

Monday night after graduation and Grandma Grace's wedding, Desirae, Brooklyn, and I headed down to San Diego for my interview with Scripps Health System. We stayed at Helen and Eric's in Del Mar. My interview wasn't until Wednesday so we went to a park by the beach on Tuesday. Brooklyn didn't want to go straight down to the sand but to the swings instead.
After about 20 minutes in the swing, we convinced her to go for a walk on the sand

She found out that she doesn't really like the taste of sand...imagine that? This is my attempt to clean her hands off with a baby wipe...it didn't work too well.

After receiving coaching from several relatives, I went to my interview on Wednesday. Thanks to Michael Miramontes I was fully prepared for the very first question, "So tell me about yourself?" I smiled, answered, and had a great interview. Afterwards we headed back up to Covina for pizza night at Pip and Jeff's new pad. It looked vaguely familiar, but much improved since the last time I saw it. I guess that's what happens when you're married to a professional handy man extra-or dinar. The next morning I arose early and flew back to Louisiana. Desirae will now have to take over and share the rest of her trip since she stayed another week in So-Cal.

6 comments:

the Koch's said...

I am so glad you guys are moving back to "CALI" ;). Way to give big Michael Mira a shout out in your bolg! Now Stephen, if you are going to be beach bums living in San Diego wet wipes will not cut it. BABY POWDER is the trick. (Jen taught me that one, it works like a charm, just sprinkle a little powder on and the sand brushes right off.) Just an FYI.

Rosalee said...

That sand-eating bleck picture of Brooklyn is to die for...adorable on all levels!

Elise said...

Sa-weet update! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments! So glad that you guys are moving back to Cali!

Darrell said...

Are you sure it's not too late to entice you back to Loisiana with the sunny shores of Lake Bistineau?

Rachel said...

Moving back? Yay- maybe we can see you next time we visit So-Cal (whenever that may be!). This was a great update- I loved looking at all the pictures. What a blue-eyed beauty you have!

Cameron & Kerry said...

Congrats on graduating! You sure have a beautiful family!