Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun with Fire Trucks

Brooklyn had a great time getting an inside tour of a couple fire trucks this Tuesday at library story time. She still sports the hat and badge for fun today, even though she wasn't too sure about them at first. The thin little plastic strap that keeps the hat on obviously bothered her, so she was mostly fiddling with it or trying to move it to a more comfortable position, in front of her eyes or nose.
This girl has quite the variety of hobbies and interests already. Even though she dances around the living room to the Enchanted soundtrack singing about "true love's kiss," she can also be a Tomboy. She likes cars, trucks, planes, trains, and rough-housing. She also feels really cool when she lifts heavy things. Future shot-put or discus athlete? Fire-fighter? Professional wrestler? Chef? Professional food-taster? Only time will tell...

5 comments:

Elise said...

I just noticed her face as she is looking at the guy with the mask on. She's all hesitant. :) Cute pictures. She is so adorable. We miss you guys!

Pip said...

Babe! Every time I see a picture of Brooklyn she looks more like Stephen! It's incredible! Also, THAT'S MY SHIRT! YOU'RE WEARING MY SHIRT! GIVE IT BACK! Also, you look very good in that picture! I'm really digging it. Go Babe!

Desirae Badger said...

Pip, I have one exactly like yours. I bought it with mom for my birthday at your favorite store - anchor blue? Anyway, you still have your shirt, check the dirty clothes mountain or one of the unopened moving boxes. Ha!

Pip said...

ALL CHEESE BABE! I can hear you saying that comment. I can see your face as you're saying too.
Cool dudes-we're twins!

Rachel said...

You are OBVIOUSLY a GREAT mom. What was that comment all about on my blog?! Looks like a fun firehouse outing. I think I just barely began Learning Time with Ella when she was 2 1/2 or so. A letter a week, and then worked up from there. We also have a couple books, The Terrific Two's and The Toddler Busy Book. They have very simple Learning Time ideas for younger ones. Sometimes I'll do LT with Mia, but not as regularly as I do with Ella. We're still working up to it with her. Have fun!