Monday, January 14, 2008

To Tame a 'Fro

So I've been wanting to give my little girl a trim. Her hair has just gotten too wild and wooly. The picture below typifies her mop on an extremely good day while she enjoys her favorite fake foods. The next picture epitomizes one of her "normal days." Basically the child's mane was so big that it emphasized her already-large noggin.
This updo probably lasted a whole hour at best, and only because she was distracted by some visiting Badger cousins.
Now, for the picture you've all been waiting for. After only one episode of clifford and two child-sized boxes of raisins, this is what we got! Ta-da! Her Dad's not thrilled with it! Oops... Even though I was sad to see those blond tips vanish, and a few of the curls, it is much more managable, her bangs are out of her eyes, and this look doesn't make her look quite so... "brainy." (I don't want to insult certain family members by calling it a big head!) As you can tell by the pictures, the child is not bothered at all by the butchery. She is so busy reading about wild animals (while dressed in her leopard frock) and matching her shapes that she doesn't even notice the difference.

5 comments:

Macmoma said...

LOVE the "leopard frock"! the haircut is cute too, but thee most adorable is THE GIRL!!!

The Badger family said...

I love her hair. I think it is really cute! Nice job.

the Koch's said...

Cute hair Desi, Brooklyn looks so grown up with the new do!! Crazy to hear about your appt. change. To be honest, I am surprised that you knew there was a drug deal taking place... I guess you have gotten wise in you old age :). Also, a little side note, I have that little people nativity set, I love it. We miss you guys already.

Elise said...

Can't go wrong with a pretty face like that!

evelyn said...

Glad to see some more pictures of Brooklyn and your place. I thought your apartment was on the first floor. We are getting ready for the big move this week-end. We'll compare notes when it is all over. :)