Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Fun with Grandparents


My parents visited three weeks ago today, to celebrate with us Brooklyn's 2nd b-day.  I already posted some of the Gator and Friends shots, so here are others from the same weekend.  

It snowed for the second time in the past 3 months here.  Not that great of a day to travel and tour around, but kind of fun that it was a rare occurrence and my parents were here to "enjoy" it with us.  Brooklyn has all the cute snow gear, while I think I probably ran out there in my robe-covered flannel p.j.'s, scarf-covered head, and boot-covered slipper-socks.  (I know I really didn't need to admit that, but hey - there's no picture to prove it!)


Later in the day (when I was actually dressed) we visited Stephen at work and had lunch in the cafeteria.  One of Stephen's favorite perks at Willis-Knighton is the "free lunch" with lots of choices.  Kind of like the freshman dorm cafeterias at BYU, but with a Southern/Cajun cuisine.   I somehow get the feeling my home-made dinners pale in comparison to Stephen's week-day lunches but oh well, who says I have to compete?  It is kind of funny though that his lunch meal is the fanciest and largest meal of the day while mine usually consists of a PB&J sandwich or 3-day repeat left-overs that Stephen didn't care for the first time around!  
We visited Sci-port, a children's museum in Shreveport.  Brooklyn really liked the water station with the colorful rubber duckies.

3 comments:

C4 McKendrick said...

Fun , fun , fun.
Our kids are blessed to have such good Grandparents.
Love, Carol.

Desirae Badger said...

You know it!

Carl and Amber said...

I definitely relate to the pb&j sandwich vs Carl's better lunches at work!