Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Co-Op Crew

It was a great day for earning lots of tickets! Thanks for the handy home made wooden wagon Dad. It really comes in handy on days like this!

The story
So I decided to fill in someone else's shift for co-op this day. And what a day it was! I had a total of 5 extra kids (7 including my own). The other child not shown is in a Baby Bjorn that I am wearing. I got QUITE a few long stares at the mall as we all paraded through. I thought it would be a great idea to let them run around in the children's play area. However, once we got there, the children gradually drifted away from the designated play structures to explore all kinds of various other sights, in all directions away from the play area, so I had to abruptly end the phone conversation with my sister and corral the children back into the wagon for the return trip home. A week or so later, my sister called me with the exciting news that her two new next door neighbors (Pip just moved to a house in Murrieta) were not only members of the church, but also involved in money-saving baby-sitting co-op. Lucky for her, she had a small taste of the experience vicariously through me. We both had a good laugh about it.

No comments: